Sunday, January 21, 2007

Silverlock last day

click picture to play or enlarge
On the last night of Silverlock's life, we gathered in our bedroom. Our two daughters, her best friend, her sister and the two of us. We knew her life would end the next day, and more powerful than our sadness was the relief for her that her suffering had ended. We chatted and laughed so much that after 3 quarter's of an hour we had to end because we started to get stomache pain of laughing. Everybody including Annemarie was extremely satisfied with such a goodbye. The next day everyone of us took a more serious goodbye one at a time.

The day after her departure, my friend Janus and I went to the cemetry to have a look at the condolation-room, because we wanted to have a look, how we could display the photo's and paintings. After that I took him to the place where she would be buried. She had choosen it herself together with me and her sister, exactly a month before her burial. Arrived at the place I could not believe my eyes at first, so I thought I did not look at the right place. But than I realised that, proven by the flowers laying on the grave, they just had buried there somebody else. I made some noises that could have been heard in other parts of Holland. And just as I did that, the daughter of the deceased and her boyfriend arrived at the scene. I immediately realised how painful for them, but nevertheless confronted them with the problem. My friend Janus did the one right thing and grabbed me by the collar and dragged me away gently. I could make a very long story about it, but the end was that we got offered a forrestgrave. Just as Annemarie wanted, but was not chosen because of the pricetag on that. Afterwards we giggled about it that she had arranged it herself from the afterlive.
Here is my youngest daughter, 13 years of age on this picture, with a lump in her throat, as she said afterwards, playing a violinconcerto of Haydn, on her mother's funeral. Friend Skip accompanied her on the piano. Teaches piano on the Rotterdam Conservatorium. I was and still am so proud of her. She played on the Polish violin we bought a little more than a month before, that was a gift from her mother.
This is the picture I made from a photo also made at the terrace of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao. I had it printed on several T-shirts. I did wear one during my speech at the funeral, and I wore the rest of them since last 4th of December to remember her and try to let go of her and start the end of my mourning period. I hoped I realy could end it, but realise now it 's the signal of the start of the ending period. I now want to stand in the middle of life again and will use all of my powers to reach that goal. Kiss and bye my love, I'll keep you safe in my heart.

<< Home