Sunday, January 14, 2007

Silverlock day3

click picture to play or enlarge
Today we ( my 2 girls, Annemarie's best friend Ankie and her sister Bep) went in the afternoon to the cemetry to remember Silverlock. The picture above was taken round 2.00 PM exactly two years ago, one hour before she died. Her face swollen from medicin trying to limit the effect of woundfluid round the tumor that would make the suffering worse. She was eager to go. Enough was enough. My oldest daughter even said it. What it must have cost her to say that I can't imagine even being so close to her. Because she was like two hands on one stomache with her mom. She and I were the only ones with dry eyes when she finally put her weary head at rest. Never would have thought in advance it would happen like that. That your mercy with her was bigger than your own grief.
I made it this week. A wooden beam which stands up right in the ground. The two big sides are made red and blue. On the red side I copied the text, that was written on a ribbon that her tennisfriends ordered with the flowers they put on the grave. "Bye sweet Annemarie". On the blue side I wrote a sentence that according to me most fitted my woman. "Clear blue eyes With the power of the sun." On one small side I made it painterly green, where I put her name, birth and death time and place. You can see that side on the second picture from the left. The other small side I did leave wood, not painted and no words. To point out that you always have room to add thoughts and words to it and it never needs to be said once and for all. Click the picture to get it much bigger.

<< Home