Thursday, January 18, 2007

Silverlock day6

click picture to play or enlarge
Never had so much shit in our lives, but neither had so much fun and laughter in it. Living on the edge. We had some quiet moments in our wreckyear. From going to Terschelling right after the first operation until beginning of March, we gained back on life. Annemarie even dared to go painting alone in a studio, in a artist-studiocomplex in the centre of Amersfoort, which she could use from a colleague, who paints besides her job. Knowing that the fits might occur made it a little anxious, but the zest for recovery won the battle about that conflict. After three weeks the fits started again and occured several times.
After the summerholiday time, which passed our door, and the second operation, Annemarie and family thought I should take a short break. I had to get used to the idea and wanted to rent a motorbike for a weeks trip. Told a friend about it and he surprised me, after he checked with his insurance and raised that, with the proposition, that I could lend his Harley. Wow! Due to a little more work, It became a 5 day trip with the Harley and I visited friends in Frankfurt. Had a wonderful time with good weather and finally had time to loose some tears along the road. The kind of a devastating effect the disease had on my baby shocked me more deeply, because I was out of reach of her powerful shiny eyes. Which kept on shouting > "Life!!!!!"
Not though on the picture above. Contiguous booked a holidayhouse on the coast, to have a short break with Annemarie. We are near Castricum on the northern Dutch coast. We just had a bikeride on a tandem and she is too exhausted to keep on shining on that moment. But as she told me some time later that year, she had just enjoyed herself like crazy, because I tried to amuse her the way I did and was talking the ears of her head while pedalling in front of her.
This picture is taken when we visited a holiday house in Sealand (province in Holland) which we could stay for free in, owned by a foundation especially to let families like ours take a small vacation. For me this picture gives me shivers, for it shows me and let me feel how close we were than. Everybody was alright that week, only my back hurted as if it was broken. Two days I could not move without a stick.

<< Home