Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Me, Myself and I

click picture to play or enlarge

On my second day, a short introduction.
I'm Lex vd Oudeweetering, illustrator - living in the Netherlands in the town Amersfoort, which is situated about the middle of Holland. I live in a box with a roof, as I call it. Here in Holland we call the type of home, literally translated, a "see through house". Small garden in front, somewhat bigger in the back. My workplace under the roof, which forces me to have two ventilators on full power during the summer to prevent sweating to death and ruin my drawings or keyboard. As you see in my picture I eat more food than I would need for daily energy. Shame on me. I'm 52 years, father of two daughters, one sixteen and one nearly 14. Their mother and my partner, died on january the 14th this year, after a blooddisease and in a little more than one year three headtumors demolished her. We miss her presence, her clear blue eyes and the bright light that radiated from them.
I was born in Amsterdam, where I lived and went to school, finally resulting me to graduate on the "Gerrit Rietveld Academy" as a designer. Which I never was, really. Always been an illustrator/comicmaker.
The comicside of me has evolved to from the most important side of me to the lesser important one. More and more I feel an Illustrator, even if I make a comic. In 1988 I moved to Amersfoort, expecting our first daughter to come. In the last twenty years I've grown from a introvert insecure man/boy into a insecure man/boy, who enjoys himself and the people he loves.

<< Home